Sunday, February 22, 2015

The Winter Gloom



I'm officially in mourning. 

Another round of -30-degree wind chills has arrived and it's not leaving here anytime soon-- talk about turning a girl into a human popsicle! While there's only 25 days, 18 hours and 43 minutes until spring (but I mean, who's counting?) , I'm not sure I'll ever be able to stop needing a pair of fleece-lined leggings or tights under all of my pants-- yes, I do that everyday. 

To be fair, commuting in Chicago typically means standing outside in the cold no matter what the temperature, so extra layers are essential. Or, if you're like me, you stand somewhere warm until you see the bus then you make a quick sprint with your arms flailing in hopes the driver of that bus has a heart and waits for you-- it's usually a toss-up. 

In these photos, the temperature outside was a balmy 12 degrees.

(Scarf: Forever21, Coat: H&M, Shoes: Dolce Vita, Jeans: Vintage)









3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit!

    Mel
    www.girlandthepolkadot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I agree....soooo over winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drivers here often wait for someone to run close enough to the bus, and thenshut the doors in front of their face! :-D
    I am loving your cozy outfits, so don't be sad, you're style fashionable :-D

    ReplyDelete