Tuesday, January 13, 2015

TUESDAY TUNE

Hey Ramblers!

I'm sorry it's been a bit since I've posted. I've been working crazy hours at work and spent my weekend working on redesigning my apartment (it's almost finished so you can expect photos soon!).

While I've spent much of this start to 2015 looking ahead to all the goodness I hope to come and changes I hope to make, I've also spent a lot of time reflecting.

Being 23, almost fresh out school working hard to find my way in the world, almost everything I do is something new to me that I haven't experienced. Career-related changes bring about conversations, tasks, questions I've never had to ask before, bills and things I hadn't had to worry much about before... and, surprisingly, the thing that makes me feel the most grown up? Redecorating my apartment.

Moving on from the hand-me-downs I once used to just barely get by furnishing a place of my own and the cheap Target and IKEA finds I purchased in college, I've really started to try and make a place my own.

But with all these new experiences, I find myself saying "I wish I had known what this would be like when I was younger" or "I wish I had been preparing for this sooner."

While it's not helpful to really dwell in the past, I feel like this song really, truly sums up this feeling, which I'm sure many other 23-year-olds can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment