Monday, May 12, 2014

Flashback Fabrics


Let me start by apologizing for my lack of posts over the last week. Things have been ca-ra-zy lately, but I promise to make it up to you with oodles of posts this week.

Now, to the outfit. I just love wardrobe pieces that remind me of another time. If you're looking at the same outfit I am, you might be slightly confused by that statement, but stay with me. 

When I look at this somewhat lacy skirt I am suddenly reminded of the kind of pattern one might see in dinner napkins from back in the day. Some of you might think I'm crazy and some of you might know exactly what I'm talking about. I remember old family dinners, you know the ones when long dining room tables were covered by a 70s-style tablecloth in a fully carpeted dining room surrounded in flower wallpaper, and fancy china dressed with napkins edged with a doily-esque embroidery. Those, my friends, are the napkins that I see in my skirt.

If that wasn't 70s enough, I added my cat eye sunnies to the mix for a little extra flare.

I just love the idea of pairing a sweater with a fitted skirt and a pair of pumps. It's cozy enough for the spring breeze, but airy enough to make sure you're not having hot flashes all day-- and that can be a fine line in the springtime.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! Ta-ta for now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment